Sorry this is so late. And it was done at 3am in the morning, so I'm sure you'll find mistakes and have to point them out to me ;) Sorry, deannie
for it's late arrival ^_^;;
1x04 Phantom Traveler
|Boring Production Crap|
| Original Air Date: 10/4/2005|
Writer: Richard Hatem
Director: Robert Singer
Jerry Panowski: Brian Markinson
Jack Lambert/Surviving Pilot: Daryl Shatterworth
Max Jaffe: Kett Turton
Amanda Walker: Jaime Ray Newman
Co-Pilot: Christopher Rosamund
Homeland Security Man #1: Benjamin Ayres
Lou: Geoff Gustafason
Woman Passenger: Kelly -Ruth Mercier
Un-named Extra's: Paul Jarett, Fred Henderson, Amanda Wood, Ingrid Tesch, and Dana Pemberton.
|What Time Is It?|
| [Some help here, if anybody else could find it, that would help. I couldn't.]|
|Now, Which One Was That?|
|Dean and Sam are called in the middle of the night by Jerry Panowski, someone Dean and John once saved froma Poltergeist. Travelling to Kittanning, Pennsylvania, they discover some EVP on a recording of the pilots mayday call during a plane crash. |
After looking further into the crash, they discover more plane flight disasters that have always been destroyed forty minutes into the flight. Further delving reveals that the culprit is actually a demon, possessing passengers and crew with a wakness that it can exloit to take control.
When the flight attendant from the original crash is due to fly from Indiannapolis, Dean and Sam are forced onto the flight in order to exorcise the demon possessing a passenger or crew member. In order to do this, they must first discover who is possessed at the same time as getting over Dean's fear of flying.
|All the Niggling Little Details|
- Dean sleeps with a knife under his pillow. This is the first time we're given any indication that boys are 'packing' even in their sleep.
- Dean's been keeping an eye on Sam during the night - he mentions having seen Sam was still awake watching informercials at 3am.
- Sam is still having nightmares about Jess, but we're also reminded that Sam used to have nightmares from before he left as well.
- John and Dean helped out with a Poltergeist back while Sam was at Stanford.
- John was really proud of the fact that Sam got into Stanford, even if he never said it to Sam himself.
- John talked about Sam alot when he was around. We learn this from Jerry, and from the meanginful glance Dean gives his brother.
- The 'floating over a bed' and 'barfing pea soup' references that Dean makes are actually from the movie The Exorcist in which a young girl is posessed by a demon.
- The flight from Indiannapolis leaves through gate 13, which is known uinversally as the unlickiest numnber of them all.
- 'The truth is out there' is a reference to the TV Show 'The X Files' for which the tagline was 'The Truth Is Out There'.
- The Demon knew about Jess. This must mean that most Demons know what goes on around, or within the Supernatural world.
- None of the victims remember that they have been possessed.
- The cellphone number is 8669073235
|Where'd That Myth Come From?|
- Haunted Flights:The Premise of Haunted flights is taken in part from Flight 401 in which parts from a plane that had crashed were used in other planes, and those planes themselves became haunted by the ghosts of Flight 401.EVP: Stands for electronic voice phenomena. It's a supernatural artefact found on electronic recordings which is thought to be the voices of ghosts and spirits in the vicinity.</li>
- EMF Meter: Reads Electromagnetic Frequencies.
|What's in a Name?|
- The boys don't need to use any aliases in this one, so there are no new names this time =(
- Sam/Sammy Battle: Sam wins this time, with 3 mentions, and none at all for Sammy this time.
|What Did You Just Say?|
Dean: When's the last time you got a good night sleep?
Sam: I don't know. A little while I guess. It's not a big deal.
Dean: Yeah, it is!
Sam: Look I appreciate your concern...
Dean: Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive! So I need you sharp
Sam: Just try to relax.
Dean: Just try to shut up!
Sam: If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God.
Dean: Uh, nice.
Sam: Say it In Latin.
Dean: I know!
Sam: In Latin it's Cristo.
Dean: Dude, I know! I'm not idiot!
Dean: Sam, this plane is going to crash, okay? So quit treating me like I'm freakin' four!
Sam: You need to calm down.
Dean: Well, I'm sorry I can't!
Sam: Yes, you can.
Dean: Dude, stow the touchy-feely, self-help-yoga crap. It's not helping!
|Counting the Cost|
|Pain Quotient: |
- Dean gets thrown against a wall twice, and also suffers mental trauma at the fact that he has to fly a pain, and is scared to do so.
- Sam is thrown against a wall twice, and is also given mental trauma by the demon about mentioning Jess.
Collateral Damage: George Phelps, the first passenger we see that is possessed by the demon.
Chuck Lambert, the pilot of united Brittania 2485, was killed when he crashed his own plane - along with a friend of his.
Passengers of six Planes that have crashed previously to Brittania 2485.
The Bad, the Ugly, and the Dead: We hear of the Poltergeist that was 'dealt with' by Dean and John that introduced them to Jerry Panowski in the first place.
The Demon possessing the passengers, and the cause of 7 plane crashes, was successfully exorcised.
Metallicar Watch: The Metallicar remains intact in tis episode, although she gets a coupla Sam and Dean shaped ass marks on her :P
Zippo Count: Not this time, folks!
Sacrificed on the Altar of Whoops!
- When in the car on the way to Indianapolis Airport, Sam says it is a "five-hour drive, even with you behind the wheel" from Nazareth when in fact it is a 10 hours and 34 minutes journey.
- 'Christo' is not in fact the Latin name for God, nor is it the Latin for Christ. 'God' in Latin, is in fact 'Dei' and Latin for 'Christ' is 'Christus'.
|Driver Picks the Music|
|'Paranoid' - Black Sabbath|
'Working Man' - Rush
'Some Kind Of Monster' - Mettalica - [Music Dean hums on the plane]
|What Did They Just Say?|
|Official Heavy Metas|
Other really cool people talked, too!